The Sedation of America
About Barbara Gordon
Barbara Gordon is an author and Emmy Award-winning documentary filmmaker. Her bestselling memoir, I’m Dancing as Fast as I Can, tells the story of her addiction to Valium and the difficult journey back to mental health. A film adaptation of the book, featuring Jill Clayburgh as the author, was released this year.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Mary Pipher: The Middle of Everywhere: The World’s Refugees Come to Our Town
- Davar Ardalan: Beloved Homelands: Iran and America
- Tom Brokaw: The Time of Our Lives: Past, Present, Promise
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Jonathan Reckford: Service, The Antidote to Polarization
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.