Connecting to George Floyd
The Arc Toward Justice: Changing the World, One Year Later
The Minneapolis Foundation and The Pohlad Family Foundation
Join the Conversation
Send in your question for Angela Harrelson and Paris Stevens by May 11!
Call the Town Hall Forum listener line at (612) 584-9843 and leave us a voicemail, or send your question via email to email@example.com. Be sure to tell us your first name and where you live.
About Connecting to George Floyd
Angela Harrelson & Paris Stevens
On the anniversary of George Floyd’s death, we will hear from two people with a connection to George Floyd and his legacy. Angela Harrelson and Paris Stevens are the aunt and cousin of George Floyd. After the passing of his mother, Floyd moved to Minneapolis three years ago to be closer to Harrelson and to build a new life. Before her nephew’s death, she felt people didn’t want to talk about racism, even in progressive cities like Minneapolis. “What happened to George changed people’s hearts,” she said; got them talking about the history of not just police brutality, but also the very inequities in education, employment, and housing her family has faced.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Mary Pipher: The Middle of Everywhere: The World’s Refugees Come to Our Town
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III: The Arc Toward Justice: Life, Liberation, and Community
- Gene Robinson: God Believes in Love
- Bryan Stevenson: Just Mercy: Reforming the Criminal Justice System
- Kerry Kennedy: Speaking Truth to Power: Heroes in Our Midst