Politics and Race in the Age of Obama
About Gwen Ifill
Gwen Ifill is the moderator and managing editor of the PBS show Washington Week and a senior correspondent for The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer. During the 2008 presidential campaign, she moderated the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden. Before coming to PBS, she worked at NBC News as chief congressional and political correspondent. She has reported for The New York Times, Washington Post, Baltimore Evening Sun, and Boston Herald American. She is the author of the book The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Jim Wallis: America’s Original Sin: Racism and White Privilege
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III: The Arc Toward Justice: Life, Liberation, and Community
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Jonathan Capehart: A Bold Look at Today’s Headlines
- Martha Raddatz: A View from the White House
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.