We the People: A Time to Act
About Parker Palmer
Parker Palmer is a writer, teacher, activist, and founder of the Center for Courage & Renewal, a nonprofit organization committed to creating a more just and compassionate world by nurturing personal and professional integrity. His bestselling books include, among others, A Hidden Wholeness, Let Your Life Speak, The Courage to Teach, Healing the Heart of Democracy, and On the Brink of Everything. A graduate of Carleton College, he holds a PhD in sociology from the University of California at Berkeley. He is the recipient of 13 honorary doctorates and numerous awards for achievement and excellence. At the Forum, he will be in conversation with Sondra Samuels, president of the Northside Achievement Zone in North Minneapolis.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Art Cullen: Change, Resilience, and Hope in Rural America
- The Honorable John R. Tunheim: Democracy and the Courts
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Mark McKinnon: Stop Fighting, Start Fixing: Making Government Work
- Eddie Glaude Jr.: Racism and the Soul of America
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.