The Company of Strangers
About Parker Palmer
Parker Palmer is a writer, activist, and founder of the Center for Courage and Renewal, a resource center that offers programs and retreats for individuals seeking to restore passion, commitment, and integrity to their life and work. He is the author of nine books, including Let Your Life Speak and The Courage to Teach. In his newest book, Healing the Heart of Democracy, he explores America’s political tensions and suggests ways to rebuild a democracy that serves the common good. A graduate of Carleton College, he holds a Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Clint Watts: Hackers, Terrorists, Russians, and Fake News
- Jim Sciutto: Inside Russia and China’s Secret Operations
- Jim Wallis: America’s Original Sin: Racism and White Privilege
- Michael Duffy: The Presidents Club: Inside the World’s Most Exclusive Fraternity
- Candy Crowley: The Midterm Elections: What They Mean for America
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.