The Arc Toward Justice: Policing, Protest, and Power
The Minneapolis Foundation and The Pohlad Family Foundation
About Jelani Cobb
Jelani Cobb is an award-winning writer for The New Yorker on issues of race, history, justice, and politics. His recent documentary with FRONTLINE, Policing the Police 2020 examines the enormous complexities and realities of race and policing in America. A previous iteration of that investigation in 2016 earned Cobb the Walter Bernstein Award from the Writer’s Guild of America. He is also the author of Substance of Hope: Barack Obama and the Paradox of Progress, To the Break of Dawn: A Freestyle on the Hip Hop Aesthetic, and The Devil & Dave Chappelle and Other Essays.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Irshad Manji: From Polarization to Conversation
- Jan Egeland: From the Frontlines of Humanity: Global Crises and Conflicts
- Marian Wright Edelman: Who Can Do What to Prevent Adolescent Pregnancy?
- Connecting to George Floyd: The Arc Toward Justice: Changing the World, One Year Later
- William Schulz: From Darfur to Guantanamo: Defending Human Rights