The Arc Toward Justice: Policing, Protest, and Power
The Minneapolis Foundation and The Pohlad Family Foundation
About Jelani Cobb
Jelani Cobb is an award-winning writer for The New Yorker on issues of race, history, justice, and politics. His recent documentary with FRONTLINE, Policing the Police 2020 examines the enormous complexities and realities of race and policing in America. A previous iteration of that investigation in 2016 earned Cobb the Walter Bernstein Award from the Writer’s Guild of America. He is also the author of Substance of Hope: Barack Obama and the Paradox of Progress, To the Break of Dawn: A Freestyle on the Hip Hop Aesthetic, and The Devil & Dave Chappelle and Other Essays.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- William Schulz: From Darfur to Guantanamo: Defending Human Rights
- Jan Egeland: From the Frontlines of Humanity: Global Crises and Conflicts
- Eddie Glaude, Jr.: James Baldwin’s Lessons on Race in America
- James Forman Jr.: Crime and Punishment in Black America
- LaTosha Brown: Ensuring Black Voters Matter
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.