Valerie Plame Wilson
Security, Surveillance, and Privacy
About Valerie Plame Wilson
Valerie Plame Wilson is a public advocate and recognized authority on national security, counter-proliferation, and politics. For over 20 years, she served as a covert operations officer in the CIA, working to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. In 2003, her role as a CIA operative was revealed in a nationally syndicated column, resulting in her resignation from the CIA. Since then, she has been a leader in Global Zero, an initiative to build a world without nuclear weapons. She is the author of the memoir Fair Game, which explores her views on abuse of the public trust. Her new book, Blowback, is the first in a series of spy novels.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Salman Rushdie: Literary Imagination in the Global Village
- Clint Watts: Hackers, Terrorists, Russians, and Fake News
- Art Cullen: Change, Resilience, and Hope in Rural America
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Candy Crowley: The Midterm Elections: What They Mean for America