Reclaiming and Empowering At-Risk Youth
About Cory Booker
Cory Booker is mayor of Newark, New Jersey. Elected in 2006, he committed his city to establishing a national standard for urban transformation by achieving security, building economic abundance, and creating an environment that is nurturing and empowering for individuals and families. Before becoming mayor, he served as Staff Attorney for the Urban Justice Center and as Newark’s Central Ward Councilman. He holds a B.A. and M.A. from Stanford University and Oxford University and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Kerry Kennedy: Speaking Truth to Power: Heroes in Our Midst
- Marian Wright Edelman: Who Can Do What to Prevent Adolescent Pregnancy?
- Bernice Johnson Reagon: Music as a Tool for Social Change
- Julian Bond: Civil Rights Then and Now: The Quest for Meaningful Equality
- Glennon Doyle Melton: Broken Lives, Courageous Living