Playing for Peace in Gaza
About Patrick McGrann
Patrick McGrann is a social entrepreneur and founder of Kitegang, a non-profit organization that develops creative toys and events for young people living in the midst of violence. A native of Minnesota, he has worked in Sudan, Iraq, Somalia, and Yemen. He currently lives in Gaza where he taught in the Islamic University, assisted the U. S. government in rebuilding the American School after its bombing by Israeli and Palestinian militants, and organized a soccer association and radio station for young people.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Davar Ardalan: Beloved Homelands: Iran and America
- Chris Blattman: Why We Fight: Global Conflict and How to Avert It
- Joan Chittister: The New Violence and Its Unexpected Victims
- Thomas Friedman: Thriving in the Age of Accelerations
- Jan Egeland: From the Frontlines of Humanity: Global Crises and Conflicts
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.