Our Divided Political Heart
About E.J. Dionne
E.J. Dionne writes a twice-weekly column on politics for The Washington Post. He is a senior fellow in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution, a professor of government at Georgetown University, and a commentator on politics for NPR, PBS, ABC, NBC, and MSNBC. He is the author of six books, including Our Divided Political Heart and Why Americans Hate Politics, which won the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and was a nominee for the National Book Award. His latest book, Why the Right Went Wrong, explores the recent history of unrest and discontent in the Republican Party, tracing its beginning to Goldwater conservatism in the 1960s. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Harvard University and holds a DPhil from Balliol College at Oxford University, where he was a Rhodes Scholar.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Jonathan Capehart: A Bold Look at Today’s Headlines
- Jacob Hacker: The Forgotten Roots of American Prosperity: Aligning Government and Business
- David Brooks: The Role of Character in Creating an Excellent Life
- Larkin McPhee: The Documentary Filmmaker: In Search of Truth
- Norm Ornstein: Broken Government: Where Do We Go from Here?
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.