Latinos in America: Reinventing the American Dream
About Hector Tobar
Héctor Tobar is Mexico City Bureau Chief for the Los Angeles Times. Recognized as one of the most influential Hispanics in America today, he earned a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting on the L.A. Riots and an Inter-American Press Association Award for his coverage of South America’s troubled democracies. His acclaimed book Translation Nation offers a vivid tour of the nation’s diverse Latino communities.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Parker Palmer: We the People: A Time to Act
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Marian Wright Edelman: Liberty and Justice for All
- Nadine Burke Harris: Healing the Effects of Childhood Adversity and Trauma
- Robert Putnam: Community Engagement in a Changing America
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.