About Sarah Chayes
Sarah Chayes has lived in Kandahar, Afghanistan, since 2001 after covering the fall of the Taliban for NPR. She left journalism in 2002 to establish the Arghand Cooperative which manufactures skin-care products from botanicals raised by Afghan farmers. She is the author of the book The Punishment of Virtue: Inside Afghanistan after the Taliban. She holds a master’s degree from Harvard University in history and Middle Eastern studies.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Michael Mandelbaum: How America Acts as the World’s Government
- Georgie Anne Geyer: The Ethics of Journalism: A Foreign Correspondent’s Perspective
- Al Gore: Six Drivers of Global Change
- Mary Pipher: The Middle of Everywhere: The World’s Refugees Come to Our Town
- David Lampton: The Three Faces of Chinese Power
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.