Hackers, Terrorists, Russians, and Fake News
About Clint Watts
Clint Watts is a former FBI agent with expertise in electronic espionage operations, disinformation campaigns, fake news, and the manipulation of social media. In 2017 and 2018, he testified before four Senate committees on Russia’s information warfare campaign in advance of the 2016 presidential election. Currently, he is a Senior Fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute and the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at George Washington University. His research and writings focus on terrorism, counterterrorism, the influence of social media, and Russian disinformation. He served as an Army infantry officer, an FBI special agent, an executive officer for the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, and a counterterrorism analyst for the U.S. Intelligence Community and U.S. Special Operations Command.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Jim Wallis: Faith and Politics in America: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It
- Mark McKinnon: Stop Fighting, Start Fixing: Making Government Work
- Georgie Anne Geyer: The Ethics of Journalism: A Foreign Correspondent’s Perspective
- David Brooks: The Role of Character in Creating an Excellent Life
- Lizz Winstead: What’s Happened to the News?