Global Sports: Inclusion, Equity, and Human Rights
About Honey Thaljieh
Honey Thaljieh is recognized internationally for promoting the role of sports in empowering women and girls in the Arab world and beyond. She is a co-founder of women’s football (soccer) in Palestine, and she served as the first captain of the Palestinian national football team. Following her career in football, she joined FIFA, the International Federation of Association Football, where she leads its efforts to promote diversity, gender equality, integration, and peace-making in sports. She has been recognized as a Champion for Peace by the organization Peace and Sport, and she serves as an ambassador for the sports organizations Save the Dream, Homeless World Cup, and Football for Peace.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- LaTosha Brown: Ensuring Black Voters Matter
- Tom Gjelten: Global Hot Spots: Where Will the 3:00am Phone Call Come From?
- Jan Egeland: From the Frontlines of Humanity: Global Crises and Conflicts
- Bryan Stevenson: Just Mercy: Reforming the Criminal Justice System
- Hector Tobar: Latinos in America: Reinventing the American Dream
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.