From the Frontlines of Humanity: Global Crises and Conflicts
About Jan Egeland
Jan Egeland is a former U.N. Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and is currently the U.N. Special Envoy for Conflict Resolution. He led efforts to relieve victims of civil war in Iraq and Darfur, coordinated international relief for the victims of tsunamis, earthquakes, and famines, and negotiated with guerillas and warlords in Sudan, Congo, Iraq, and Lebanon. In his new book, A Billion Lives: An Eyewitness Report from the Frontlines of Humanity, he offers vivid insight into the critical danger-spots of the world and bluntly challenges the first world to act.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Suzy Hansen: An American Abroad in a Post-American World
- Kathleen Belew: White Power and Paramilitary America
- Jim Sciutto: Inside Russia and China’s Secret Operations
- Julian Bond: Civil Rights Then and Now: The Quest for Meaningful Equality
- Jelani Cobb: The Arc Toward Justice: Policing, Protest, and Power
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.