María Teresa Kumar
Election 2020: Securing the Vote
Join the Conversation
Send in your question for Ms. Kumar by September 30! Call the Town Hall Forum listener line at 612-504-1606 and leave us a voicemail, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us your first name and where you live.
About María Teresa Kumar
María Teresa Kumar is the founding president of Voto Latino, a grassroots organization committed to engaging, educating, and empowering a new generation of Latinx voters and to creating a robust and inclusive democracy. By leveraging youth, technology, social platforms, and influencers, Voto Latino reaches 6.5 million people monthly and strives to register 500,000-plus voters before the 2020 election. She is vice chair of the board of EMILY’s List, a resource for women running for elective office, and she serves on the board of the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers and the Latino Leaders network. She is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader and a Life Member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She received a bachelor’s degree in international relations from the University of CA, Davis, and a master’s degree in public policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- David Eisenhower: Dwight David Eisenhower: Going Home to Glory
- David Brooks: The Role of Character in Creating an Excellent Life
- Jacob Hacker: The Forgotten Roots of American Prosperity: Aligning Government and Business
- Larkin McPhee: The Documentary Filmmaker: In Search of Truth
- Jim Wallis: Rediscovering Values: A Moral Compass for the New Economy