The Honorable John R. Tunheim
Democracy and the Courts
About The Honorable John R. Tunheim
The Honorable John R. Tunheim has served for 25 years as United States District Judge in the District of Minnesota and has served as Chief Judge since 2015. He has devoted much of his judicial career to helping develop the rule of law in new democracies, including drafting the Kosovo Constitution and advising over 40 countries on judicial independence. He will speak at the Forum on the role of the judiciary in America and the steps the court is taking to engage in civics education through its new Justice and Democracy Centers.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- Jim Wallis: Rediscovering Values: A Moral Compass for the New Economy
- Art Cullen: Change, Resilience, and Hope in Rural America
- Jim Sciutto: Inside Russia and China’s Secret Operations
- Michael Duffy: The Presidents Club: Inside the World’s Most Exclusive Fraternity
- Jim Wallis: Faith and Politics in America: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It
The Town Hall Forum will broadcast on this page of the website, and also on our Facebook page. It will also be archived here for future viewing!
Forums will NOT be live broadcast on MPR this fall. Instead, MPR will present the entire fall season of the Town Hall Forum as a special week of programs, November 29 – December 2 each day at 11 a.m. You can still listen/watch live here on our website.