A Bold Look at Today’s Headlines
About Jonathan Capehart
Jonathan Capehart is a member of the editorial board of The Washington Post and a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, focusing on politics, social issues, and cultural shifts nationally and globally. He is a regular contributor to the blog PostPartisan and hosts the podcast Cape Up. He is a commentator on MSNBC and a moderator at the Aspen Ideas Festival, the Center for American Progress, the Atlantic Dialogues conference, and the Brussels Forum. Earlier in his career, he was an editorial page editor and editorial board member for the New York Daily News, and he served as a national affairs columnist for Bloomberg News. He is a recipient of the Esteem Award, which honors individuals for their ongoing efforts to support African-American and LGBTQ communities in entertainment, media, civil rights, business, and art. He grew up in Newark, New Jersey, attended St. Benedict’s Preparatory School, and is a graduate of Carleton College.
Other Speakers on Related Topics
- E.J. Dionne: The Politics of Conservatism: From Goldwater to the Tea Party and Beyond
- Jim Wallis: Rediscovering Values: A Moral Compass for the New Economy
- Lizz Winstead: What’s Happened to the News?
- Norm Ornstein: Broken Government: Where Do We Go from Here?
- Randall Balmer: God in the White House: How Faith Shapes the Presidency